In addition to our full-time staff, Cambridge Leadership Group maintains a network of high-quality facilitators. Our network faculty are more than just skilled trainers. They have deep business experience in different industries and functions. Many of them are adjunct faculty at respected universities. Many of them maintain individual consulting and coaching practices. They all care deeply about the value of leadership and the impact powerful learning experiences can have on organizations and in people’s lives.
Our faculty network allows Cambridge Leadership Group to respond to the variability in client delivery needs over time and across geographies. It also enables us to match facilitators to specific engagements based on backgrounds or other elements of fit. For our clients, that means high-caliber facilitators and the flexibility to deliver where and when they need.
- We’re always on the lookout for great people to add to our network. To support our growth, we’re currently seeking contract faculty based in the U.S.
- Are you passionate about leadership development?
- Are you an expert in classroom and virtual facilitation?
- Do you thrive in an environment where you can engage and challenge people?
- Do your friends find you oddly obsessed with topics like learning, organizational behavior, and strategy?
- Are you looking for some high-quality, turnkey work to round out your portfolio career?
- Are you ok with travelling a few days at a time – even internationally?
Then you just might be who we’re looking for. Contact us.
Vice president of business development
Cambridge Leadership Group is seeking a Vice President of Sales (individual contributor) to manage a portfolio of large, global clients. This position requires a strong aptitude for identifying customer needs and fr building relationships with primary influencers in the decision making process. Ability to understand and work with organizations at the local and global level is essential.
The ideal candidate has extensive client-side experience or industry experience in a similar role, and is comfortable with developing mid- and long-term strategy, budgeting and other business needs. Success in this role will be dependent on the person’s ability to develop high-level relationships within each client. Direct customer contact will comprise the major portion of this role and the successful candidate must have the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations, lead customer discussions, and marshal Cambridge Leadership Group resources across business units to advance the sales process. Must have the ability to deliver business value to the account and build on key customer relationships.
Key success factors
- Track record of growing an existing base of clients
- Ability to manage multiple contact levels within a client organization, including senior executives
- Analytical assessment of client challenges and creative solution development to address client needs
- Sales experience with intangible professional services
- Fluency in the L&D industry and passion for this type of work
- Autonomous and self-directed working style
- A desire to win!
- Planning and development of overall global account sales strategy for an existing set of clients, utilizing a rigorous account planning process
- Identify short and long-term sales opportunities for retention and growth of each client
- Regularly engaged at client facilities
- Anticipate client needs beyond existing scope of solutions, discovering opportunities to position the total value of Cambridge Leadership Group’s portfolio
- Effectively align and utilize all available internal and external Cambridge Leadership Group resources around the world
- Create superior relationships, “insider status or trusted advisor”, with senior level executives and influential stakeholders to sustain a long-term relationship
Knowledge, skills and responsibilites
- Demonstrated ability to develop multi-threaded relationships necessary to sell across complex enterprises. Comfort selling at multiple points inside the client organization.
- Knowledge of a process for and success with managing large accounts, including forecasting; quota attainment; sales presentations; short term, midterm, and long-term opportunity management
- Ability to anticipate how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Cambridge Leadership Group solutions
- Effectively exercise power and influence key decisions for the benefit of Cambridge LeadershipGroup and clients
- Work effectively with functional leaders throughout our organization
- Exhibit strong boardroom/executive presence
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a win/win philosophy
- Entrepreneurial – Self starter, able to work autonomously, energetic
- Empathic listener, consultative approach
- Creative problem solver, highly analytical
- Critical thinker, able to handle multiple complex processes
- 5+ years sales experience with record of high performance in closing complex deals
- Experience selling to and influencing EVPs, C-Level clients and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sale environments
- Experience with HR, L&D, Training or Talent Management preferred
- Experience selling into large pharmaceuticals a plus
- Minimum 4 year university degree required, MBA/Masters a plus
- Salesforce fluency a must
- History of selling and managing large, global accounts (Fortune 1000)
- 20% travel
- Located in/near a major metro market