Cambridge Leadership Group is a global leadership consultancy and training company. The firm pioneered a transformational approach to leadership development that moves the field far beyond incremental learning –perpetuated by popular training programs – to delivering lasting changes in leadership behavior and measurable business impact. Building on a 20-year track record of developing 25,000 leaders in the largest and most-respected organizations globally, the firm is experiencing a significant increase in demand from clients.
To support this growth, Cambridge Leadership is seeking a Vice President Sales (individual contributor) to manage a portfolio of large, global clients. This position requires a strong aptitude for identifying customer needs and for building relationships with primary influencers in the decision making process. An ability to understand and work with organizations at the local, as well as global, level is essential.
The ideal candidate has extensive client-side experience or industry experience in a similar role, and is comfortable with developing mid- and long-term strategy, budgeting and other business needs. Success in this role will be dependent on the person’s ability to develop high level relationships within each client. Direct customer contact will comprise the major portion of this role and the successful candidate must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations, lead customer discussions, and marshaling Cambridge Leadership resources across business units to advance the sales process. Must have the ability to deliver business value to the account and build on key customer relationships.
Key Success Factors:
- Track record of growing an existing base of clients
- Ability to manage multiple contact levels within a client organization, including senior executives
- Analytical assessment of client challenges and creative solution development to address client needs
- Sales experience with intangible professional services
- Fluency in the L&D industry and passion for this type of work
- Autonomous and self-directed working style
- A desire to win!
- Planning and development of overall global account sales strategy for an existing set of clients (~10), utilizing a rigorous account planning process
- Identify short and long-term sales opportunities for retention and growth of each client
- Regularly engaged at client facilities
- Anticipate client needs beyond existing scope of solutions, discovering opportunities to position the total value of Cambridge Leadership’s portfolio
- Effectively align and utilize all available internal and external Cambridge Leadership resources around the world
- Create superior relationships, “insider status or trusted advisor”, with senior level executives and influential stakeholders to sustain a long-term relationship
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop multi-threaded relationships necessary to sell across complex enterprises. Comfort selling at multiple points inside the client organization.
- Knowledge of a process for and success with managing large accounts, including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term, midterm, and long-term opportunity management
- Anticipate how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Cambridge Leadership solutions
- Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Cambridge Leadership and clients
- Work effectively with functional leaders throughout the Cambridge Leadership organization
- Have boardroom/executive presence
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a win/win philosophy
- Entrepreneurial- Self starter, able to work autonomously, energetic
- Empathic listener, consultative approach
- Creative problem solver, highly analytical
- Critical thinker, able to handle multiple complex processes
- Relationship oriented
- 5+ years sales experience with record of high performance in closing complex deals
- Experience selling to and influencing EVPs, C-Level clients and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sale environments
- Experience with HR, L&D, Training or Talent Management preferred
- Experience selling into large pharmaceuticals a plus
- Minimum 4 year university degree required, MBA/Masters a plus
- Salesforce fluency a must
- History of selling and managing large, global accounts (Fortune 1000)
- 20% travel
- Remote position- work from home office
- Located in/near a major metro market